Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'M A GROUCH

Why haven’t I written any blogs lately?

Life is too complicated. I don’t feel good. I’m turning into an old grouch.

Paperwork keeps piling up on my desk. Just when I think it is under control, in my mailbox I find something that sets me back again.

When I ordered new glasses, the optometrist tried to charge me $100 for special lenses. I told him, “No, I just want the glasses that the insurance will pay for.” Today’s mail brought an E.O.B. (Explanation of Benefits) from my insurance company, saying I owe $80.

Now I must make telephone calls and listen to a machine and punch buttons and wait half an hour before I can talk to a living person.

The dialysis access in my left arm is still causing problems. The vein is deep and difficult to find. Last week blood “infiltrated” causing a big, black bruise.

The news is depressing. Our boys are still getting killed and maimed in Afghanistan. In Libya, Kadafi refuses to quit. As for Congress, why do the American people elect such idiots to represent them? Democrats are as bad as Republicans.

Charlie climbs into the litter box to pee, then poops on the carpet.

It is enough to push anyone into Depression!

On days when I don’t have dialysis, I feel good. I wake up to beautiful music on my clock-radio. I eat breakfast and lunch with pleasant people, even if most of them are Republicans and think Governor Ric Perry would make a fine President – the man who last week vetoed a law which would have made texting while driving illegal. He said it would interfere with personal liberties.

Life today isn’t easy. . . but when was it ever easy?

Here at this Texas old folks home, four of us secret Democrats found each other. We also discovered we all play bridge. We now have a foursome of clever, congenial people to play bridge every Friday evening. A pleasant way to end the week.

Nothing gives a gal a high like bidding four spades and making it. Who can complain?

No comments: